Sep 2, 2013

Eats: Provisions

I tried Provisions for the first time earlier this year, right after I had my baby. I didn't realize it then, but my taste buds were still skewed from the pregnancy. I left thinking their food was just ok.

It took a while for me to return. Basically, my friend Patty and I made lunch plans sans babies, and we wanted to go some place nice. She's never been here before and I needed to give them another shot now that I have my taste buds back.

One word: yum! I can't wait to go back!

How cool is this menu? It also doubles as a place mat.
Menu/ place mat

I saw a picture of this caesar wedge on Yelp and I had to have it. Wow! It's the best caesar salad I've had, to-date!
Caesar Wedge Salad

Delicious pizza, really good combination of ingredients!
Tuscan kale/ spicy pork sausage pizza

Patty and I shared the salad and pizza so we'd have enough room for dessert... each! I ordered the beet cake. It was ok. I liked the beet cake and panna cotta combination, but the yuzu sherbet I didn't like much.
Beet cake/ panna cotta/ yuzu sherbet 

Our check came in this cute sardine container.
Bill

Parking in this area can be tricky. They have free parking in the back, but space is limited. If you park in the neighborhood, watch for signs. Some of the street parking is for residents only.

When they're busy, it can get really, really loud in there. I found I had to shout to chat with Patty.

Provisions
807 Taft St
Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment