Sep 15, 2013

Eats: Bambu Desserts & Drinks

I recently got the chance to try Bambu for the first time. OMG, I'm a fan! Basically, they specialize in Vietnamese desserts. But, unlike the Vietnamese desserts you get at a pho joint or Vietnamese restaurant, these are so much better and they're not too sweet either. I tried #1, 2, 6, and 10. They're all good, but my favorite was probably #6 and 10.

I went on a Tuesday afternoon and they were pretty empty. With my friend, we only waited for our desserts less than 5 minutes. It wasn't until I read on Yelp afterwards I found out this place gets crazy packed on weekends and in the evenings.

Side note: they can do take-out, just let them know when you order. Basically they separate the ice and put it in a plastic bag. You just have to get home quick or else the ice will start to melt.

Important: when you go there, bring cash! It's cash only establishment!

Menu

Display case

#1

#10

According to their website, they'll be opening several other locations soon -- one being in downtown at the Park Shops. Why there and not Midtown or Washington is beyond me. But, woohoo I don't have to drive all the way to Chinatown to get my fix!

Bambu Desserts & Drinks
10613 Bellaire Blvd, Unit 150
Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment