Oct 3, 2013

Eats: Cloud 10 Creamery - Grand Opening

This is going to be a quick post as I'm currently in the middle of moving and putting my house up for sale. This is my five minute break while I eat my midnight snack :-)

While running errands I quickly popped into Cloud 10 Creamery in Rice Village. Today (ok, technically yesterday) was their grand opening. Pre-grand opening, they only served ice cream and sundaes. Now, as you can see from the pictures, they have other desserts like tarts, ice cream sandwich, macaroon ice cream sandwich (not pictured), etc.

Chris Leung is the talented pastry chef behind Cloud 10. It's truly a nice treat when someone with his talent opens his own dessert shop.

Menu at Grand Opening day

Ice cream and sorbet

Waffle cones

Ice cream toppings -- all made in house

Other desserts

Nutella marshmallow
I was expecting a very heavy nutella flavor but I found it
tasting more like regular chocolate ice cream. Still yums though!

(L): almond cake (R): lemon tart
I liked them both but of the two, the lemon tart was my favorite -- it wasn't
overly sweet and the coconut in the crust really complimented the tart.
Beware when you bring the almond cake home. It does melt, as you can see
here in the picture.

Cloud 10 Creamery
5216  Morningside (Hanover Rice Village)
Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment