Aug 9, 2013

Baby Stuff: Stroller and Accessories


Uppababy Cruz Stroller
I spent hours researching strollers. We travel quite a bit so, I wanted something compact that will grow with the baby. I liked the Chicco KeyFit Caddy a lot but, it would only be useful for about a year. I didn't want a travel system stroller, because of its bulkiness. Uppababy Cruz became my compromise. I also considered the Vista model but, we didn't need a bassinet plus the Vista is slightly wider than the Cruz. We bought the infant car seat adapter separately and it fit like a charm. Overall, I really like this stroller! My only complaint is how sticky the foot brake can be. Quite the pain, especially when wearing sandals or open-toed shoes.

Amazon.com carries this stroller but, I bought mine at Baby's 1st Furniture since Amazon didn't have the color that I wanted.

Uppababy Cabana Infant Car Seat Shade
We bought this at Right Start in Rice Village when our baby was just a few days old and it was drizzling a lot in Houston. We bought it thinking it could double as a rain shield and sun shade when in reality, because of it's design, it doesn't do well as either. It fails as a rain shield because of the mesh sides. Sure, the fold out layer covers the baby from the top but not from the side. It fails as a sun shade for the same reason. Plus, the fold out layer doesn't close very securely, it just clips at the end so it often gets blown by the wind. I feel like its only useful as a bug screen.

Stroller Hook
A really nice (if not necessary) accessory to an Uppababy stroller!

No comments:

Post a Comment