Apr 7, 2014

Eats and More: Doughmaker Doughnuts at Midtown Mobile Cuisine

More and more food truck parks are popping around Houston. The most recent (that I know of) is Midtown Mobile Cuisine that just had their grand opening this past weekend. They're located on Almeda Rd under US-59 overpass.

Considering this was their grand opening weekend, there weren't a lot of food trucks in attendance - when I went, there were only five. Perhaps with time they'll have more food trucks around...

The only food truck that caught my interest that day was Doughmaker Doughnuts. I recently followed them on Facebook. They've only been in operation for about 3 weeks. They have donut flavors like blueberry lemon, orange pistachio, coconut caramel, and apple caramel to name a few. I'm not a fan of caramel so I got the orange pistachio and blueberry lemon donuts. Of the two, I prefer the blueberry lemon. The donut itself was softer. The shell of the orange pistachio was hard but, I liked the icing - it had a hint of sea salt on it. I'm always a sucker for salty/sweet combination.

Orange Pistachio and Blueberry Lemon Donuts

Midtown Mobile Cuisine

No comments:

Post a Comment