Apr 23, 2014

Eats: Mama Yu

Since my last post on Mama Yu, my family and I have visited it multiple times. Sometimes we dine-in but, most of the time it's take-out.

The family who opened Mama Yu are Javanese. Because of that, their specialty is in Javanese and Sundanese cuisine. I know that means nothing to most of you so I'll just give you my recommendations:
  • Ayam Kremes (whole fried chicken with crunchy flakes). Get this, you won't regret it. Their version is very authentic.
  • Mie Ayam Jawa (stir-fry yellow noodle with chicken). You can ask to substitute the chicken with beef. It's typically a non spicy dish but you can ask them to cook it spicy. 
  • Nasi Padang Rendang (rice with beef rendang and various sides). They also have a chicken version but, I prefer the beef rendang one. 

They have different specials every weekend. Check out their Facebook page for updates. Of their weekend specials, I've had:
  • Lontong Sayur
  • Nasi Rames Pepes Ikan (rice dish steamed fish in banana leaf with deep fried tofu and tamarind soup served with spicy shrimp paste sauce)
I highly recommend both!

They used to offer passion fruit soda but, lately I don't see it offered anymore. They still serve teh botol though and that's good enough for me!

Lontong Sayur


Mie Goreng Jawa (with chicken)

Sate Padang

Nasi Padang Rendang (with beef rendang)

Nasi Padang Ayam (with chicken)

Mama Yu
10815 Beechnut
Houston, TX
https://www.facebook.com/MamaYuRestaurantHouston

No comments:

Post a Comment