Dec 11, 2013

Eats: Saturday Brunch at Provisions

Saturday brunch at Provisions is new, they didn't start this service until October of this year - while I was in the Middle East. This was another thing I wanted to check out when I got home so, I suggested it when friends wanted to catch up over brunch.

I made reservations on Open Table but, I don't know if it was really necessary as there weren't many diners when we arrived nor when we left.

Prior to coming, we had already scoped out their menu online. That's the good thing about Provisions, especially since they change their menu regularly, they do update their online menu accordingly.

All of us agreed we wanted to start with the buttermilk biscuits. One order came with three biscuits. That was perfect since there were three of us, we shared an order. The biscuits were delicious!! So delicious, we ordered another one!

Buttermilk Biscuits/Butter/Honey

When it came to ordering entrees, all three of us ordered something different. The sound of "fried duck egg" combined with "foie gras grits" intrigued me. Unfortunately, my dish was very underwhelming. My friends were disappointed with their entrees as well. It's definitely a letdown especially after the wonderful biscuit experience we had.

Fried Duck Egg /Foie Gras Grits/Arugula/Pickled Currants

Provisions
807 Taft St
Houston, TX
http://passandprovisions.com/#/provisions

No comments:

Post a Comment