Dec 29, 2013

Eats: Angela's Oven

I've bought breads and croissants from Angela's Oven in the past. I usually get them at the farmer's market, either from the Eastside one on Saturday mornings or Rice University on Tuesday afternoons. This year, I decided to buy some croissants for Christmas breakfast. Since they're not open on Christmas day, I went the day before and bought them directly from their bakery in the Heights. And I never knew this before but, apparently they serve breakfast and lunch here. I'll have to come back to check it out. They have ample outdoor seating area and inside there are about 4 two-top and four-top tables.

When I got there, there were a couple people in line ahead of me. I chatted with one of the customers and she was raving about their pumpkin pie. I was actually on my way to Flying Saucer Pie Company to get one but, this lady insisted Angela's was better. Apparently you have to pre-order the pumpkin pies. Luckily for me, she had an extra one! Sure enough, it was a hit among my family and friends on Christmas day. The pie was very moist and it wasn't too sweet! I like crust and personally I would've liked more crust on the bottom but, there were enough on the sides to make up for the lack on the bottom. Overall, I like them enough to buy them again.

Red Barn Bakery and outdoor seating area

Fresh baked goods. Yes, that's bacon topped glazed donuts you see!

Croissants and danish

Breads

Pumpkin pie

Angela's Oven
204 Aurora St.
Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment